TuneIn

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Songs The A-Bones Taught Us

Show Poster by Rotodesign

Part 2 on WFMU's Beware Of The Blog

Royal Teens - Sham Rock
Hasil Adkins - Truly Ruly
The Coasters - Little Egypt
Heinz - Questions I Can't Answer
Betty Dickson - Shanty Tramp
Chuck Brooks - Spinnin' My Wheels
Mackey Beers - That Jim
The Sabres - Take Up The Slack Daddy-O
Ole Miss Downbeats - Geraldine
Bracey Everett - Lover's Curse
Torquays - Stolen Moments
The Sonics - Maintaining My Cool
Gene Dunlap - Made In The Shade
Bill Smith Combo - Tough
Larry Williams - You Bug Me Baby
Jack Donovan & The Knight Caps - Time Machine
The Turbines - Wah-Hey
Danny Dell & The Trends - Froggy
The Premiers - Firewater
Jerry Parsons & The Blue Jeans - Don't Need No Job
Linda & The Epics - Gonna Be Loved
The Ronettes - Why Don't They Let Us Fall In Love?
Benny Joy - Hey High School Baby
Velvet Underground - Guess I'm Falling In Love
Rudy Grayzell - Judy
The Caps - Who The Heck
Eddie Dugosh - One Mile
Flamin' Groovies - In The USA
The Seeds - It's A Hard Life
Earl Vince & The Valiants - Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In

The A-Bones' latest album, Not Now, made many WFMU top ten lists in 2009.

9 Comments:

Devlin Thompson said...

For best results, open each of the songs in its own window and play them all simultaneously. Man, what a racket!

Benjamin said...

Hey Debbie, did you snatch this from Soulseek and/or nimereht/Kogar? I originally started this mess a couple of years ago. Still got enough tunes sitting on my HD for about two or three more vols. Billy helped out along the way too, tipping me off on some interesting non-recorded tunes.

Debbie D said...

Hi Benjamin,

I've been compiling these comps for years too! I've done a bunch for the other WFMU blog. Billy told me you were keeping the master list for the A-Bones, but I never got around to getting your email address. I figured this post could be added to over time...

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I think the Heinz link is the same as the Betty Dickson track.

Debbie D said...

Thanks for the heads up about Heinz. It is working now.

stephen said...

many thanks for this - any chance (master) list of other tunes can be made available - happily without mp3s?

Debbie D said...

I'm working on a part 2! Hopefully, coming soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie - This is great! Thanks for the head's up. So cool to hear the original "Wah Hey" again. So, "Someone's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In" eh? Yeah like once live in Port Chester 15 years ago. If Billy included that he should probably have owned up to "Rain" by The Beatles and "Hot For Teacher" by Van Halen! I'll email you some others. xoxbb

Simone Watson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

add