TuneIn

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Allen Toussaint FAQ

photo by Jacob Blickenstaff

Via NYNO Records

Share with us your favorite Jazz Fest memory.

"One year, I don’t remember when, I wrote "It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye" to be performed at just that one show. I remembered how it felt the year before, so I wrote it. At the end of our set, we sang the song, and I remember that it was even more dear to me than when I had written it. When I sang it, it took on all of the feeling beyond just my ability to write a song - it took on the feeling of the moment of living it."

What are your five favorite records in your personal collection?

Vivaldi’s "Four Seasons"
Andrea Bocelli's "The Aria Opera Album"
Etta James' "At Last"
Professor Longhair's "Tipitina" (the original)
Michael McDonald's "What a Fool Believes"

What is the title of your favorite song that you wrote?

"In Your Love"

What is your favorite song written by someone else?

"Alone Again Naturally" by Gilbert O’Sullivan

Do you have any advice to musicians and songwriters?

Yes. Stick to your dream. Be about refining your art and skill daily.

Where is the best place to eat in New Orleans?

The Rib Room, The Grill Room and Commander’s Palace

Where is the best place to catch live music in New Orleans?

Snug Harbor

When is the best time to visit New Orleans?

Jazz Festival

When is your birthday?

January 14


1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...

add