TuneIn

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Do The Monkey With Mister Lance

I'm thrilled to have an Ichiban DJ set from Mister Lance who hosts one of my favorite radio shows - Monkey Time on Asheville FM!  Heard every Wednesday night from 6-7 PM.



major lance - the monkey time
robert parker - let's go baby (where the action is)
big jay mcneely and band - psycho serenade
danny burk & the invaders – ain’t goin’ nowhere
leon and james - ella rea
chris kenner - cinderella
lee Dorsey - eenie-meenie-minee-mo
ted taylor - the road of love
BED: The Pennyslvania Players Orchestra - The Cat
the emperors - karate
the chob - we're pretty quick
the standells - help yourself
jean knight - you think you're hot stuff
sam and dave - you don't know like i know
rufus Thomas - push and pull (pt.1)
gene chandler - it's time to settle down
BED: guitar gable - congo mombo
bill robinson & the quails - the cow
the jagged edge - now she's hurtin me
jack scott - leroy
ronnie self - ain't I'm a dog
bobby lee trammel - i tried not to cry
the contours - move mr man
donald & the daylighters - elephant walk

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice mix. As an Asheville resident, I'm curious, (1) who is it who spins the great 45's at the Grey Eagle usually, (2) What happened to the guy who usually spun on Saturday nights at the Admiral, and gave playlists to this site? I know that I shoudl introduce myself, if only to pay homage to these great collectors.

Mr. Soul Motion said...

Thanks for your comment! Not sure who does 45s at the Grey Eagle - in fact I didn't know that they DID 45s at the Grey Eagle regularly. I've played there a couple of times - probably Mr. Lance has too - but I'm one of the Admiral guys. Greg Cartwright and I did the gig together for five years, but he's only occasionally guesting these days. Come by some Saturday night, say "hey" and pay homage by shakin it!

add