TuneIn

Saturday, June 13, 2020




This weeks Crayons to Perfume! is now available on Mixcloud. It's an hour of girl groups and female artists from the 1960s. This is an eclectic mix of girl groups, soul, girls in the garage, psych/soul, folk-rock. I want to make sure regular listeners have their weekly dose of the girls so I'm going to try and keep this up weekly for now on Mixcloud, and if you've never given it a try, I hope you take a listen.  https://www.mixcloud.com/girlgroupgirl/crayons-to-perfume-for-june-10th-2020/

Playlist:
 
The Two of Clubs: Let Me Walk With You – Fraternity 1967
Jo Ann Garret: A Whole New Plan – Chess 1966
The Supremes: These Boots Were Made for Walking from A Go-Go LP

The Velvelettes: The Boy From Crosstown
Janis Ian: Younger Generation Blues from her S/T LP 1967
The Chiffons: I’m Gonna Dry My Eyes  - Laurie 1963
Jacki Ross: Hard Times – SAR 1962
Dorothy Berry: You Better Watch Out – Jerk Boom Bam vol 8
Ginette Reno: Please Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood – Parrot 1969
The Sweet Inspirations: Walk In My Shoes  from What the World Needs Now Is Love

The Luv’d Ones: Walkin’ The Dog – Dunwich 1966
Jenny Rock: Le Train Pour Memphis – Citation 1967
Lulu: That’s Really Some Good – The World of Lulu vol 2
The Crystals: Gee Wiz Look At His Eyes – Twist Uptown
Carla Thomas: Something Good Is Going To Happen To You – The Queen Alone
The Ferris Wheel: B-A-B-Y – Can’t Break The Habit Of You

Norma Tanega: I’m Dreaming A Dream – Walkin’ My Cat Named Dog LP
Cher: Cry Myself To Sleep – All I Really Wanna Do LP
Jackie DeShannon: Don’t Turn Your Back On Me Babe – In The Wind
The Delicates: Stop Shovin’ Me Around – Soultown 1966
Candy & The Kisses: Out In The Street – Scepter 1966
Helen Smith: Pain In My Heart – Helen Sings Sweet Soul 1967

0 Comments:

add