TuneIn

Monday, June 8, 2015

WHAT'S THE WORD ??? THUNDERBIRD !!!



You know the excellent Thunder Rocks cover of "What's the Word" where they sing

"What's the word, Thunderbird, what's that joy, NATURE BOY!"



Naturally, I am familiar with Thunderbird wine, but I never could figure out what the second part meant.


Well, there I was one day listening to Ichiban, and Frantic Ernie Durham was pitching a cheap wine called... "NATURE BOY" !!! BINGO !!!!

Thunder Rocks - What's the Word

Another Ichiban favorite, The Casual-Aires Featuring Maurice Simon - (What's the Word) Thunderbird

What's the price ? Thirty twice ! 

But for different versions of the song, as well as a great wino line that I hope to use one day, I can't do better than The Hound, in his blog !!!

Bottoms up !!!


1 Comment:

Emily said...

I love that you have this!! My dad PatLaRose was in the Thunder Rocks! He played guitar & sang. I was lucky enough to go to the Thunder Rocks reunion and got to meet everyone and hear about all the stories from those days. I am so grateful when I come across sites like this becauseit keeps my dad's memory alive! May he Rest in Peace! God bless you all.

add