TuneIn

Friday, February 24, 2023

Lux and Ivy’s Favorites Volume 4 (Remaster)

With Kogar the Swinging Ape

YEARS ago I had begun the laborious process of “remastering” the original LAIF’s because a lot of the early volumes that were made during the infancy of the internet had less than stellar sound quality. I began to remaster them and come up with covers for them as well.  This was done mostly so that when they popped up on my ipod (now phone) there was a cover to display for the compilation. I designed some of the covers myself, while other covers were done by artist pals like J.R. Williams, Haunted George, Gilles Fernandez, and King Trash (Michael Deforge).

When I first started doing these, they were the equivalent of a mix tape, nothing more than that.  Working on Kogar’s Jungle Juice Episode 21 was a blast and got me thinking about those volumes that didn’t have a cover, and still had some audio issues that bug the “audiophile” part of me. I began to go back and take a look at past volumes and see what I could do.

First up, Volume 4! Since this volume has a track from the soundtrack of the GREAT flick SATAN’S SADISTS, we used that as the basis for this cover. Adam Fitch did a FANTASTIC job (as always) with the cover, going that extra mile and recreating the Satan’s Sadists font. As always, THANKS Adam for making my ideas a reality!

Here’s Lux and Ivy’s Favorites Volume 4 remastered for your enjoyment…

https://kogarsjunglejuice.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

add