TuneIn

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Music From Tennessee

With Mark Ehmcke

1. Oh How It Rained - Lorette Velvette

2. Somebody Stole My Dog - Rufus Thomas

3. One Monkey Don't Stop No Show - Big Maybelle

4. Don't Lie To Me - Big Star

5. Tomb Of The Tupelo Twin - Impala

6. Born To Cry - Tav Falco's Panther Burns

7. Walk On By - Isaac Hayes

8. I Need A Ride - Misty White

9. Tennessee - Carl Perkins

10. Have You Been Making Out OK - Al Green

11. Walk Away - Alluring Strange

12. My Rival - Alex Chilton

13. The Judgement - James Luther Dickinson

14. Little Queenie - Mudboy and the Neutrons

15. Need A Little Sugar In My Bowl - Bessie Smith

16. Chinatown, My Chinatown - Chet Atkins

17. Ain't Nobody's Business But My Own - Tennessee Ernie Ford (with Kay Starr)

18. 222 - Those Darlins

19. Last Man Alive - The Grifters

20. Antarctica - The Hellcats

21. Deuce and a Quarter - The Bo-Keys

22. Games People Play - Brenda Lee

23. He's My Son (Just The Same) - O.V. Wright

24. Haunted Heart - Connie Smith

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark- I really enjoyed "Music From Tennessee", Boss Radio 66-style! TN does have a great music history and living here now can be challenging in it's current form, but the culture is rich and you captured a variety that's little known. Plus, some artists I hadn't heard! From Memphis to The Appalachians, the state has quite a range of different music. I also like many of your compilations, Scratchy Singles and the Rockabilly Series. You seem to really enjoy putting them together and it shows! Good luck with all things!

Your friend in broadcasting,
David Helton
davidheltonart@epbfi.com

add